Based in Taipei, Taiwan
Press / Business contact:
Built from the ground up for VR, LyraVR is a music creation platform that offers everyone from the casual user to the most ardent musician the chance to create and enjoy incredible music sequences in full room-scale VR. Enjoy being completely immersed in the music and interact with compositions like never before. Sculpt breathtaking musical sequences and share your visual symphonies with friends, fans or collaborators, then perform them in real-time, in the process pioneering a radical new form of sound art. Create loops, move and tune your sounds by hand-placing them in virtual space, press play, and enjoy your musical masterpieces in a completely unique way. LyraVR has a range of impressive features, including the ability to customize the tempo and speed of each musical note and experiment with instruments including a nine-pad drum controller and an 88-key keyboard, not to mention a suite of loops provided by Loopmasters. Users can also enjoy an audio effects library or import and display their own audio via an innovative system for rendering audio waveforms in virtual reality. The latest release also features spatial audio with detachable VR “ears” that users can drag around their VR composition to alter the audio perspective. For a complete list of new features and details of the latest release, please visit our Steam page, and expect further releases of extra downloadable content as LyraVR grows and evolves as a platform. Designed by musicians for anyone with an interest in music, LyraVR is revolutionizing the digital soundscape through a fresh, cutting-edge approach to creating, sharing and performing music in VR.
LyraVR Trailer - RetroHill YouTube
There are far more images available for LyraVR, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2015 Leap Motion 3D Jam 2.0 - 1st place AR/VR Track" - 28 Janaury, 2016
- "2016 HTC Vive X Accelerator First Batch " - Taipei, Taiwan 2016
- "We see this as being like the VR version of GarageBand,” said LyraVR Co-Founder and CEO Dilun Ho. “Anyone who is into music and or VR should give this a go. The only way is to put on a headset and experience it.
- "This is a chance to totally rethink the way we make music. Early adopters will be joining us on the adventure,” said LyraVR designer and 3D artist Ian Stead"
- "More than 25 years worth of experience—first with PC-based, MIDI-only sequencers, and then DAW software and soft synths as those became available—led to Lyra VR,” said programming and audio lead Jean Marais, who has a history of creating sequencers and synths for the Arduino platform.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Design and CEO
Lead programming, Lead Audio, Design
Design, 3D Artist
Lead Artist, Design
Marketing and Promotions